With your support, we will raise the necessary funds to ensure that every child diagnosed with cancer in Ontario has the opportunity to experience the Magic of Camp Ooch.
It’s easy to start fundraising for Camp Ooch:
- Click the START FUNDRAISING BUTTON to create your personal fundraising page.
- Ask for support from friends, family and colleagues by sharing your fundraising page by email.
- Share your efforts through your social networks! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others are all great ways to let your network know about the incredible cause you are running for! Be sure to tag us @CampOoch on Twitter and @campoochigeas on Facebook and Instagram using the #SL10K hashtag!
Run for Free and send kids to Camp Ooch
When you raise a minimum of $150 (the cost to send one child to Camp Ooch for a 1/2 day) online by 5 p.m. EST on, May 13, 2018 you are eligible to have your run registration reimbursed.*
*In order to qualify, the $150 total cannot include any personal donations made by you to your own personal fundraising page
*The registration reimbursement does not include HST or processing fees
*All reimbursements will be issued by no later than September 30, 2018
Run For Free FAQ’s
Opting out of your Reimbursement. Send more kids to Camp Ooch
- Camp Ooch incurs the cost of your registration as our way of saying thank you for your commitment to raising critical funds for children with and affected by childhood cancer.
- By opting out of receiving a refund, you will receive a gift-in-kind donation tax receipt and make a meaningful difference in the life of a child.
How will I receive my reimbursement?
- Instructions on how to receive your reimbursement will be emailed to the address you provided when you signed up to fundraise. You must respond to this email in order to receive your reimbursement or tax receipt.
- If you have moved or would like us to send the refund to an alternative address, please contact SL10k@ooch.org
The Corporate Challenge
Hit the pavement with your colleagues and join a dynamic community of over 100 organizations who believe kids with cancer deserve the chance to be defined by who they are and not what they have. Come together to fundraise for Camp Ooch. Together, we will help you achieve your fundraising goals.
Benefits of joining the Corporate Challenge include:
- A promo code to Run For Free (each team member must raise a minimum of $125 by run day – May 13, 2018)
- Assistance setting up your fundraising page
- Weekly update reports and fundraising tips to help your team achieve your fundraising goals
- Run Kit Delivery: If your team of 10 or more runners raises $4,000 or more online by Friday, April 27, 2018, Camp Ooch will deliver your run kits directly to your office during run week
- Your company logo will be included in our post-event thank you ad
- All 2018 Corporate Team Captains get an exclusive invite to a lunchtime thank you reception at the Ooch Downtown
- The Top Corporate fundraising team will receive ultimate bragging rights and a special in-office reception in recognition of your team’s fundraising efforts
Contact: email@example.com or 416-961-6624 ext. 403 today to start your Corporate Team Challenge
Tips and Ideas: Reach Your #SL10K Fundraising Goals
PERSONALIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
Your supporters want to see why you run for Camp Ooch and kids with and affected by cancer!
Encourage friends and family to donate to your #SL10K fundraising efforts in lieu of giving gifts.
HOST A DINNER PARTY
Host a dinner party for friends and family and ask for a donation in return. At your dinner party, explain what you’re doing and why you run for Camp Ooch and kids with and affected by cancer!
SPARE CHANGE JAR
Set up a jar in a communal area where people can contribute their loose change. You will be surprised how quickly the dollars will add up! Remember to include a note about why you run for Camp Ooch.
EMAIL FRIENDS, FAMILY & COWORKERS
Reach out to your friends, family and co-workers to support your run for Camp Ooch and kids with and affected by cancer. Remember to include a link to your giving page and share why you run for Ooch.
USE YOUR TALENTS AND SELL
Whether it’s making bracelets or cookies, think of a hobby or interest and turn it into a product that can be sold.
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS
Matching gifts from your place of employment can often double, triple or quadruple your team’s fundraising, giving you an advantage in the Corporate Challenge, and of course, you’ll be helping send even more kids to Camp Ooch.
Team Fundraising Resources
Hit the pavement with your friends & family and join a dynamic community of SL10K Teams who believe kids with cancer deserve the chance to be defined by who they are and not what they have.
Next, start raising funds by asking your friends, family and peers to donate. Together you will send kids affected by childhood cancer to Camp Ooch.
For more information, or if you registered as an individual but want to be added to an existing team, please contact Camp Ooch:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-GO4OOCH (1-888-464-6624) x.403
Mail cheques to:
Attn: Sporting Life 10K
464 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M5T 2S6
NOTE: Be sure the cheques are payable to Camp Oochigeas and indicate that this is for the #SL10K. Include your full name and team name on your package.
Drop off your pledges to Camp Ooch:
Camp Ooch will have a booth at the Party Site at Lansdowne Park on run day.
Come by to see us and drop off your pledges! For more information, please contact email@example.com or 1-888-GO4OOCH (1-888-464-6624) x.403
What to do with cash and cheques received from your supporters?
If your supporters give you cash or cheques made out to you personally (NOT to Camp Oochigeas), follow these simple steps that will allow you to update your thermometer right away and email a tax receipt to your supporter:
- Go to your personal fundraising page and hit your ‘Donate Now’ button.
- Enter the donation amount from a specific donor and in the Billing Information section enter your donor’s information (their name, address, email, phone) NOT YOURS.
- Enter in YOUR credit card number.
- Once the payment is processed, the charge will be made to your credit card BUT it will be your supporter who receives the emailed tax receipt for the amount they donated.